Windows Home Server 2011 - Web access has to repaired after every reboot RRS feed

• Question

• Every time I reboot my server I have to repair the web access, it then works fine until the next reboot.

Is there anything I can look out for to see why this is happening or a command I can run on startup that will automatically force a repair at least automaticing the process?

Friday, October 4, 2013 9:37 AM

Answers

• Hi,

That’s so strange. If you want to repair Remote Web Access automatically every time you reboot the WHS 2011 server, I suggest you could setup a logon script in Local Group Policy to achieve the target. Regarding how do modify the script, I suggest we could ask in the script forum.

The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/threads

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:19 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:35 AM

All replies

• Hi,

That’s so strange. If you want to repair Remote Web Access automatically every time you reboot the WHS 2011 server, I suggest you could setup a logon script in Local Group Policy to achieve the target. Regarding how do modify the script, I suggest we could ask in the script forum.

The Official Scripting Guys Forum!

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ITCG/threads

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Andy Qi

Andy Qi
    TechNet Community Support

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Monday, October 21, 2013 4:19 PM
    Tuesday, October 8, 2013 7:35 AM
  • Is your server configured to use DHCP to obtain an IP address? And if so, how long are you waiting after a reboot before the repair?

I'm not on the WHS team, I just post a lot. :)

Wednesday, October 9, 2013 7:16 PM
  • It is DHCP but with a reservation. I have also tried it using static IP and it is the same.

Usually I dont spot it has rebooted for 2 - 3 hours so there has been plenty of time for it to come to life.

Thursday, October 10, 2013 6:50 AM