none
70-659 Strange Question Exam RRS feed

• Question

• yesterday i have fail my last MS exam :-( but in these negative experience I have learned a new MS! ;-)

I have called MCPA "Multiple Choice Permanent Answers"

From 35-42/3 questions exam i have met these stange question where was present maybe a-g point answers!!!

Question note specified : These responses can also be used in future applications

So I have had scrolling problems as you can immagine...and time running!!! ;-(

I want know if I'm the last people that now know these or...it's a ne

https://www.mcpvirtualbusinesscard.com/VBCServer/lgibo65/card

Saturday, May 26, 2012 8:36 PM

Answers

All replies

• I am having trouble trying to understand what you are talking about. What exactly is your question? What exactly is the problem you experienced in your exam?

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton
    MSysDev (C.Sturt), MDbDsgnMgt (C.Sturt), MCT, MCPD, MCSD, MCITP, MCDBA
    Blog: Mr. Wharty's Ramblings
    Twitter: @Mr_Wharty
    MC ID: Microsoft Transcript

Sunday, May 27, 2012 12:37 AM
  • Hi Luigi-

It sounds like you are talking about a set of questions that all use the same set of answer choices.  You'll see a bunch of questions in a row that all have the same answer choices even if the questions are not related.  This is a newer type of item that is appearing across several exams.  I don't see it listed in this forum's sticky so maybe it can be updated to include them.  What you experienced is normal and not an error.

Brian

Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:50 AM
  • I've reviewed Microsoft's question type link and do not see this type of question structure mentioned.  Do you have a link where I can find more detgails of what you've described? 

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Jeff Wharton

Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:52 AM
  • They are called extended matching questions (EMQ).  Commonly used in medical testing.  There is an entry on the Born to Learn blog from Liberty about them.  See the following URL.

http://borntolearn.mslearn.net/btl/b/weblog/archive/2011/02/24/something-new-something-borrowed-something-blue-introducing-a-new-item-type-on-certification-exams.aspx

Brian

Sunday, May 27, 2012 3:54 AM
  • Thanks for the link Brian.  I will review it and update the Exam Question Types and Scoring forum sticky to contain this information.

Jeff Wharton

Sunday, May 27, 2012 4:02 AM
  • I'll try to explain better (because who does exams are used to make an effort)
    the type of question that I have found is not a multiple choice question (box) but a question with many (many about ten) answers (the circle).
    These responses are repeated also in the subsequent questions (do not change are the same the same) And the same answer MAY 'be provided on more QUESTIONS (other).
    I hope I was clear in explaining the above first.

Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:11 AM
  • Brian's reply is hte answer to your question.

Jeff Wharton

Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:53 AM
  • yes I agree. Same question-Type in 70-659 Germany.

It followed 5 Question with 10 always "the same" answers. One Question can't be answer due that given answers -stop making sense.

Many, many <Removed due to NDA> Question. I failled with 680/700 :-( OMG I've learned so much but maybe the wrong things

reredok

• Edited by reredok Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:02 PM
    • Edited by Mr. WhartyModerator Tuesday, May 29, 2012 9:53 PM Some content removed due to NDA
    Tuesday, May 29, 2012 12:01 PM
  • Hi reredok,

I'm afraid to you.

I'm failed  at 427 score! :-) tomorrow retake but "MCPA" questions waitme there...

;-)

Tuesday, May 29, 2012 8:29 PM
  • Questions are 6 in 70-659 exam

They have circle answers to A from M

They can be displayed in any point of exam but are ALWAYS all six in sequence.

;-) 

Thursday, May 31, 2012 3:30 PM