Help RRS feed

• Question

• Live onecare does not start,contact support  went through all the steps to repair ,it goes no further says to uninstall,cant uninstall ,it wont let me,would like to repar
    Friday, December 5, 2008 5:46 PM

Answers

All replies

• I'll leave this in the Firewall topic for now, but when the problem started, was it an error that indicated that a problem was preventing OneCare from protecting the PC or was the error specific to the firewall not starting?

If it was the former, the first thing to check is the PC date and time. If it is incorrect - month/day/year/time - OneCare can fail to start.

What steps did you perform to try to repair the problem?

What happens when you try to uninstall from Control Panel?

-steve

Friday, December 5, 2008 6:17 PM
  • First of all ,the computer has Xp home edition,It has been in storage about a year,the date and time was incorrect,when I started computer I set date a time,what is happening it loads normaly but before it starts The window loads and I get a message that live onecare has been stopped xontact support,so I went to live onecare  support website and followed all the steps to troubleshoot problems with firewall not starting,The last step was to remove and reinstall,I need to either start this one or remove but I cannot do that goes to uninstall,and tell mean error occored during uninstall 0X2  unknown problemsmight haveprevented live one care from installing completly please contact help center  ,it is blocking me from websites I go to often and instaling stuff like yahoo messenger or some programs that gain internet connections
    Saturday, December 6, 2008 12:31 AM
  • Verify the date and time once again, as the errors you encountered indicate that it may still be incorrect. Check the month, day, year, time and time zone. If it is incorrect, fix it and reboot the PC.

To remove OneCare, try the cleanup tool:

http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2

If the problems persist, please contact support -

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve

p.s. I'm moving the thread to the General topic folder

Monday, December 8, 2008 4:33 PM
  •  To Late ,computer crashed,wouldnt start back up ,could not  Repair with recovery console ,Chck Didk etc...will fresh install windows and Live onecare,then If I have problem   Will be back   Thanks
    Monday, December 8, 2008 4:59 PM
  • Well, that's one way to start fresh. Sorry that you've encountered extra problems. If you still have troubles on the reinstall, you know where to find us or support.

-steve

Monday, December 8, 2008 8:01 PM