How do I solve this "View Failure" RRS feed

• Question

• Hi everyone.

I'm ms project server biginner. while I study the function of the system its shown the following dialog box..

then I press "ok"  its still show the same dialog box..  How do I solve this problem

Friday, July 9, 2010 8:15 AM

Answers

All replies

• Check the ULS logs and review all the fields used in the view to ensure they are still valid
    Blog | Facebook | Twitter | Posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
    Project Server TechCenter | Project Developer Center | Project Server Help | Project Product Page
    Friday, July 9, 2010 3:08 PM
  •  Hi Qu,

If you press cancel is it giving you an option to choose any other view?

Check if My Assignment view or added fields are valid. (Go to PWA>>Server Settings>>Manage View)

You can also check the behavior of Task Page after creating a new view.May be you need to delete “My Assignment” view

Thanks
    MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Saturday, July 10, 2010 2:59 AM
  •  Hi Qu,

If you press cancel is it giving you an option to choose any other view?

Check if My Assignment view or added fields are valid. (Go to PWA>>Server Settings>>Manage View)

You can also check the behavior of Task Page after creating a new view.May be you need to delete “My Assignment” view

Thanks
    MOhit

Thenks so much for your help..

but when I press cancle ....  No any option given to me... 

I try  to delete the field in My assignment (only Task Name left) its still show the error

I can create new view but its show the same error...

Thanks

Arkom

Saturday, July 10, 2010 3:26 AM
  • Hi Arkom,

As understand you created a new view but did you deleted My Assignment view (if not then try it out)

Also you can check the ULS as well run the SQL profiler trace to narrow down.

There could be multiple reason of above issue ie. View Corruption,Assignment corruption, orphaned records, etc

Thanks

MOhit

Please remember to click “Mark as Answer” on the post that helps you, and to click “Unmark as Answer” if a marked post does not actually answer your question. This can be beneficial to other community members reading the thread. Regards, MOhit - MSFT (Project) Microsoft Online Community Support
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 1:07 AM
  • Now I can solve its. By Change the task ststus from Auto Schedule to Manually Schedule and delete all note in every task.. But I don't know why just put the note can make its error...
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 2:59 AM
  • Have you checked  ULS logs, what it showing
    Tuesday, July 13, 2010 4:03 AM