Visual Studio Attributes Dropdown List RRS feed

• Question

• I have a custom control derived from TextBox.  The custom control has a public property that can be set to one of several values (defined in an enum).  At deisgn time, the custom property appears in the Visual Studio (2010 Express) Property window, so I can set it with the designer.  But I'd like the list of enum values to show in a pulldown, the way the standard TextAlign property does, as an example. 

I've been reading through gobs of info on design time support for custom controls, but can't seem to find info on how to create the pulldown.  I'd appreciate help finding a straightforward How To.

Thanks.  Steve

P.S.  I posted this is the VS Class Designer forum, but an MS employee moved it to Off-Topic Posts for reasons that aren't at all clear.  I'm posting in this forum in the hope it's the right place.  If not, please at least tell me where it does belong rather than moving it to Off-Topic.

• Moved by lucy-liu Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:25 AM it is not a vs ide issue (From:Visual Studio Editor)
    Monday, April 23, 2012 3:25 PM

Answers

• steve, as the Visual Studio Editor forum only discuesses the questions about VS ide, like how to create a new project,how to build a project and so on.
    • Marked as answer by Cincy Steve Friday, May 4, 2012 3:39 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:14 AM

All replies

• steve, if it is a winform project, i think you can post it to Windows Forms General forum

if it is a wpf project, you can post it to Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) forum.

and you also can post it to Where is the Forum For…? forum, they will tell you which forum is suitable for this issue.

Hope you solve this issue soon, and please mark the useful reply as answer.

• Edited by breathfish Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:46 AM
    Tuesday, April 24, 2012 7:46 AM
  • breathdish -

Thx for the suggestion.  Again, I'm not sure why this forum isn't the right one (maybe it is), so I've taken your suggestion and posted it as well to Windows Forms General.  By the way, I've found several other posts that contain exactly my same question, but none were answered.  Seems the responders all got confused and thought the questioner wanted to know about enums.  The question is about VS DESIGNER functionality.

Saturday, April 28, 2012 6:10 PM
  • steve, as the Visual Studio Editor forum only discuesses the questions about VS ide, like how to create a new project,how to build a project and so on.
    • Marked as answer by Cincy Steve Friday, May 4, 2012 3:39 PM
    Wednesday, May 2, 2012 3:14 AM