office 2007 pro RRS feed

• Question

• I just bought a new computer, and, not having my own copy of Office, borrowed a friend's copy (I know, I know....). It turns out that it rang up as "Not genuine" following the install.

So then I decided to go out and buy a new, factory-sealed copy of Office 2007 Pro. Uninstalled the original, installed the new one......and it's again coming up as "Not genuine."

I opened the package myself, and the certificate looks OK to me......is it possible this is somehow a leftover setting from the original installation? Or did this merchant rip me off?

Here's the result from the diagnostic tool:

Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
    -----------------------------------------
    Windows Validation Data-->
    Validation Status: Genuine
    Validation Code: 0
    Cached Validation Code: N/A
    Windows Product Key: *****-*****-672HF-BT9JF-QHQ3Y
    Windows Product Key Hash: tzRbzWfzC1o1fVynNB3Hag4bIPM=
    Windows Product ID: 76487-OEM-2228185-13792
    Windows Product ID Type: 3
    Windows License Type: OEM System Builder
    Windows OS version: 5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro
    ID: {EFC875C7-7740-4CD0-A0C5-0F2AC6D5CEF0}(3)
    Is Admin: Yes
    TestCab: 0x0
    LegitcheckControl ActiveX: Registered, 1.9.40.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Product Name: N/A
    Architecture: N/A
    Build lab: N/A
    TTS Error: N/A
    Validation Diagnostic: 025D1FF3-230-1
    Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
    ThreatID(s): N/A
    Version: N/A

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: 0
    File Exists: Yes
    Version: 1.9.40.0
    WgaTray.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    WgaLogon.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Notifications Data-->
    Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
    Version: 2.0.48.0
    OGAExec.exe Signed By: Microsoft
    OGAAddin.dll Signed By: Microsoft

OGA Data-->
    Office Status: 108 Invalid VLK
    Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 - 108 Invalid VLK
    OGA Version: Registered, 2.0.48.0
    Signed By: Microsoft
    Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-230-1

Browser Data-->
    Proxy settings: N/A
    User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Win32)
    Default Browser: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
    Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
    Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
    Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
    Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
    Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
    Active scripting: Allowed
    Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
    Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{EFC875C7-7740-4CD0-A0C5-0F2AC6D5CEF0}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>5.1.2600.2.00010100.3.0.pro</OS><Architecture>x32</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-QHQ3Y</PKey><PID>76487-OEM-2228185-13792</PID><PIDType>3</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-1202660629-1532298954-682003330</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.</Manufacturer><Model>P55A-UD4P</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>Award Software International, Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>F9</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="4"/><Date>20100423000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>7D9E357F01849D7F</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>Eastern Standard Time(GMT-05:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification><File Name="WgaTray.exe" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="WgaLogon.dll" Version="1.9.40.0"/><File Name="OGAAddin.dll" Version="2.0.48.0"/></GANotification></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>108</Result><Products><Product GUID="{90120000-0011-0000-0000-0000000FF1CE}"><LegitResult>108</LegitResult><Name>Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007</Name><Ver>12</Ver><Val>3C6B22D6EF1FD86</Val><Hash>CHkFzqRrjpVm+6P8IZhOYmkW4dU=</Hash><Pid>89409-707-8196855-65957</Pid><PidType>14</PidType></Product></Products><Applications><App Id="15" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="16" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="18" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="19" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="1A" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="1B" Version="12" Result="108"/><App Id="44" Version="12" Result="108"/></Applications></Office></Software></GenuineResults> 

Licensing Data-->
    N/A

Windows Activation Technologies-->
    N/A

HWID Data-->
    N/A

OEM Activation 1.0 Data-->
    BIOS string matches: yes
    Marker string from BIOS: 148C0:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|148C0:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP|148C0:SYNNEX TECHNOLOGY INTERNATIONAL CORP
    Marker string from OEMBIOS.DAT: N/A, hr = 0x80004005

OEM Activation 2.0 Data-->
    N/A

Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:18 AM

Answers

• From your MGA Report:

OGA Data-->

Invalid VLK = Counterfeit Volume License Key

Uninstall your counterfeit copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 and purchase a genuine version of Microsoft Office from the  Microsoft Store.  Because Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 is a Volume License that does not require Product Activation, it is the most widely distributed counterfeit edition of Miocrosoft Office.

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:40 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Hello keylimeguy,

When changing from a nongenuine installation of Office to a genuine installation of the same edition of Office, we have run across cases where the Office Genuine Advantage Notification utility continues to report the newly installed Office as nongenuine.

This happens because the Office license file is not replaced under the above cirucmstances.  In those cases we recommend that the customer run the MS FixIt in this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us to delete the license file and then the process of reactivation generates a new one, and then the process of revisiting www.microsoft.com/genuine and clicking on the Validate Office button resets the OGA Notification Utility.

But that's not your case, because the newly installed Office is being reporting by the mgadiag utility as a nongenuine VLK installation of Office Pro Plus 2007.  The mgadiag utility conducts its own check and does not rely on the exisiting license file to determine whether Office is valid or not.

I'd follow Noel's and Carey's advice, pursue whatever remedies that are available to you against the merchant who sold you the bogus copy of Office.  If you cannot get satisfaction from the seller, if your materials are high quality counterfeits Microsoft will replace them for free under its Complimentary replacement program.  To participate, go to www.micosoft.com/genuine and click on the Validate Office button.  When your Office fails validation, look on the right side of the displayed page for the link to the Complimentary replacement program.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:11 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:33 PM

All replies

• From your MGA Report:

OGA Data-->

Invalid VLK = Counterfeit Volume License Key

Uninstall your counterfeit copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 and purchase a genuine version of Microsoft Office from the  Microsoft Store.  Because Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 is a Volume License that does not require Product Activation, it is the most widely distributed counterfeit edition of Miocrosoft Office.

Carey Frisch
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Thursday, October 7, 2010 8:40 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 5:44 AM
  • Uninstall your counterfeit copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 and purchase a genuine version of Microsoft Office from the  Microsoft Store

Yes, as I said, I already uninstalled the original counterfeit copy, and have already purchased a brand-new, in-the-box, shrink-wrapped, factory-sealed, CoA-festooned version. I'm just having a hard time believing that this newly-purchased copy is ALSO counterfeit. Is it possible that there's something else I need to do in addition to a routine uninstall, like deleting a registry key?
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 6:29 AM
  • "keylimeguy" wrote in message news:03475fc2-6b73-4d39-96e7-f6bff3278b31...

Uninstall your counterfeit copy of Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2007 and purchase a genuine version of Microsoft Office from the  Microsoft Store

Yes, as I said, I already uninstalled the original counterfeit copy, and have already purchased a brand-new, in-the-box, shrink-wrapped, factory-sealed, CoA-festooned version. I'm just having a hard time believing that this newly-purchased copy is ALSO counterfeit. Is it possible that there's something else I need to do in addition to a routine uninstall, like deleting a registry key?
    It would appear that you have been conned - from where did you purchase your copy of Office?
    Over 50% of software sold on sites such as eBay and Amazon MarketPlace are counterfeit - and some of them are very high-quality indeed.

--

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 7:12 AM
  • Hello keylimeguy,

When changing from a nongenuine installation of Office to a genuine installation of the same edition of Office, we have run across cases where the Office Genuine Advantage Notification utility continues to report the newly installed Office as nongenuine.

This happens because the Office license file is not replaced under the above cirucmstances.  In those cases we recommend that the customer run the MS FixIt in this KB article http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301/en-us to delete the license file and then the process of reactivation generates a new one, and then the process of revisiting www.microsoft.com/genuine and clicking on the Validate Office button resets the OGA Notification Utility.

But that's not your case, because the newly installed Office is being reporting by the mgadiag utility as a nongenuine VLK installation of Office Pro Plus 2007.  The mgadiag utility conducts its own check and does not rely on the exisiting license file to determine whether Office is valid or not.

I'd follow Noel's and Carey's advice, pursue whatever remedies that are available to you against the merchant who sold you the bogus copy of Office.  If you cannot get satisfaction from the seller, if your materials are high quality counterfeits Microsoft will replace them for free under its Complimentary replacement program.  To participate, go to www.micosoft.com/genuine and click on the Validate Office button.  When your Office fails validation, look on the right side of the displayed page for the link to the Complimentary replacement program.

Buy Office 2007 Now, Get Office 2010 Free http://office2010.microsoft.com/en-us/tech-guarantee/microsoft-office-2010-technology-guarantee-FX101825695.aspx?CTT=97
    • Marked as answer by Darin Smith MS Wednesday, September 15, 2010 8:11 PM
    Wednesday, September 15, 2010 12:33 PM