Ribbon Workbench challenged... RRS feed

• Question

• I need to resolve the following scenario and I really don't know where to start.

In more than one form, I have a SubGrid of new_staff records.

When placed in the Account form, the SubGrid's ribbon must be disabled and user should not be able to double-click on a SubGrid's row to open the edit form.

Instead, when the SubGrid is placed in any other form, its ribbon should be enabled and user should be able to double-click on a SubGrid's row to open the edit form.

Any idea how I can accomplish that?

Thanks for your help.

Frank

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 7:45 PM

Answers

• Hi Frank,

Editing the Ribbon would only allow you to enable/disable the edit button depending on the location of the subgrid (using the Entity Rule) - but what you are asking is to disable the double click open on the subgrid.

There is no supported way of doing this. Perhaps the best way would be to create a custom report/webresource that shows the subgrid records on the account form so that there is no open action. You could then use the standard sub-grid everywhere else.

See how to embed a report on your form here - http://crmtipoftheday.com/2014/01/08/embed-a-pre-filtered-report-in-an-iframe/

Hope this helps,

Scott

Scott Durow
    Blog www.develop1.net    Follow Me
    Rockstar365
    If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Mark as Helpful"

Tuesday, February 4, 2014 8:18 PM
    Answerer