none
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 2011 Customization and Configuration RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am looking to do the CRM 2011 customisation and configuration course. Does one need  programming knowledge to do the course? I have none. I was involved in the end user support with CRM 4 and found it quite interesting, it was my first IT related project, now I would like to purse a CRM functional consultancy career but not very sure where to start. Any advice would be very much appreciated.

Atasha

Thursday, July 28, 2011 7:51 PM

Answers

• There is no programming on the exam MB2-866 and none covered by the training course 80294A. Programming is really coverd by 80295A "Extending Dynamics CRM 2011"

More info about the certification tracks and exams (and loads of links) here:

MS Dynamics CRM 2011 Certification Tracks and Exams

If you sign up for CRM online you will get access to Customer Source, which has the same training materials available as partner source.

Note however, that course 80294 does have loads of errors in, makig it very slow going to try and properly understand some topics, and in some cases giving you incorrect information. There is really no substitute for classroom training led my a well qualified MCT who will teach you the right content.

Hope this helps Adam Vero MCT
    • Marked as answer by Atasha23 Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:45 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:11 PM

All replies

• If you have a PartnerSource account, then you can start here: dynamics.microsoftelearning.com. There is a lot of content and if studied well, it's enough to take the certification.

There are also ebooks out there on CRM 2011 that are very helpful - a google search should bring some results.

If you don't have a PartnerSource account, there is a lot of not free resources you'll find out there. It just depends on how much you are willing to invest =)

Good luck! 

Thursday, August 4, 2011 1:13 PM
  • There is no programming on the exam MB2-866 and none covered by the training course 80294A. Programming is really coverd by 80295A "Extending Dynamics CRM 2011"

More info about the certification tracks and exams (and loads of links) here:

MS Dynamics CRM 2011 Certification Tracks and Exams

If you sign up for CRM online you will get access to Customer Source, which has the same training materials available as partner source.

Note however, that course 80294 does have loads of errors in, makig it very slow going to try and properly understand some topics, and in some cases giving you incorrect information. There is really no substitute for classroom training led my a well qualified MCT who will teach you the right content.

Hope this helps Adam Vero MCT
    • Marked as answer by Atasha23 Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:45 PM
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 2:11 PM
  • Very useful and detailed info on the links you shared. Thank you!
    atasha
    Thursday, August 4, 2011 8:46 PM