none
You have been logged on with a temporary profile RRS feed

• Question

• I have been using Windows 7 for a few months now after a successful reformat when suddenly I get this message "you have been logged on with a temporary profile windows 7".

I have googled this problem, which seems to be quite common and attempted some solutions with .bak files etc but nothing has been successful.

I therefore have decided to create a new Profile with Administrator Rights which was straight forward. I dont mind doing this at this early stage.

However, when a restart the compter to log on it only gives me the option to log on to my initial Profile (that automatically resorts to the temporary profile problem."

Why isn't my computer recognising my new profile as an option to log on? I also tried a different profile without Administrator Rights to see if would recongise that but no, it didnt recognise it."

Any advice would be gratefully recieved. I currently have no trust in my computer as to what profile I am under and therefore run the risk of losing any data.   

Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:48 AM