installation RRS feed

• Question

• Hi, I have just bought my second subscription to One Care from a shop. I have installed it on my main pc which said that there were unknown reasons why i could not make it the hub, i'm not sure if this is the reason that I can't install it on my laptop. I followed the instructions that came with the product and uninstalled the old product before installing it, but after 5 attemps and numerous attemps to trouble shoot I still get an error during installation code= 0038-80070666 and then it automatically starts a clean up which ends in an error stating that the uninstall was not complete and some files may still remain on the pc error code= 0029-8007064c. I also downloaded self extracting cabinet, fixcompleteinst and caclsdeletedb all to no avail, I also uninstalled all other firewalls/antivirus, leaving my laptop totally unprotected, I'm sorry this is such a long thread but I tried for hours to try to contact technical support but the page would not let me continue even after I put my product validation number in. I have spent 5 hours trying to find a solution and trying to contact support, i think it would be a good idea to have a phone number on the website, if you could help me find a solution I would be very grateful. Thank you.
    Thursday, October 30, 2008 11:04 PM

Answers

All replies

• Use the One Care Install Cleanup Tool - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=828910&SiteID=2 then try to install One Care. 

If you are unable to succesfully install One Care send an e-mail with One Care in the subject line to jrap107@man.com and I will help you contact support.

Friday, October 31, 2008 3:55 AM
  • After following technical advice in the windows live one care forum, I downloaded onecare cleanup and set up onecare also to no avail I would now like to speak to a technical advisor as I do not want to leave my laptop unprotected for any length of time as I have important university documents on it. Thank you. I have also sent an e-mail to the address given and it failed. I would appreciate a contact numer as I am getting nowhere with IT.Thank you
    Friday, October 31, 2008 3:40 PM
  • Sorry for the typo. The correct e-mail address is jrap107@msn.com.
    Friday, October 31, 2008 4:58 PM