IIS 7.x and Site Binding Delegation RRS feed

• Question

• Windows 2008 R2 Enterprise

IIS 7.5

As administrator I can open the IIS Manager and in the left side Connections pane, I can see and select/expand the Server.

I can then see and expand the Sites.

I can then select a site. When I do select a site, I can see and Edit Site Bindings... In the Actions pane on the right.

Here is the problem.

I have setup Site delegation for specific websites for specific Website admins to manage.

When they open IIS Manager. They need to use the pull down menu under Connections pane and use the Connect to a Site option.

After they input the server name and site name and login credentials they can see their site under the Connections pane on the left.

The issue they are having is when they "select" their site in the Connections pane, they do not get the Bindings... option under the right side Action pane.

Is there a way to make this option available to a Webadmin who is being delegated to manage a specific site?

Perhaps IIS is designed so that we cannot give this particular setting to delegated site admins. Does anybody know?

In both cases we are using simple RDP to the same server and running the IIS Manager.

I have also tried to view the site by going to the menu in the Connections pane and Connecting to the site.

When I connect to the site using this method, I also do not get the Bindings.. Option in the Action pane.

Thanks,

rbenoit

• Edited by rbenoit Monday, August 12, 2013 6:19 PM
    • Moved by Santosh Bhandarkar Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:32 AM Moved from Server General Forum
    Monday, August 12, 2013 6:07 PM

Answers