3rd party api call in dynamic 365 RRS feed

• Question

• 1). Is there possible to call 3rd party API in dynamic 365?

2). Is there any APIs to get all the details of cases in dynamic 365?

3). Is there any tool or developer environment to write the code in dynamic 365?

4). Is there any place where I will place the my code in dynamic 365?

Thursday, February 16, 2017 6:25 AM

All replies

1. CRM Plugins
    2. CRM 2013/2015/2016 SDK
    3. Visual Studio
    4. Plugins Sit in Solutions
    • Proposed as answer by Kristian Cole Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:03 PM
    Thursday, February 16, 2017 1:03 PM
  • 1. You can call 3rd Party APIs either from javascript, plugins or custom workflow activities.

2. To get the case details there are many ways. You can pass the Guid of the case and retrieve information via javascript from the CRM web api. Or you can build your early bound classes and access case details in C# (plugins/custom workflow activities)

3. You can use Visual Studio, Rest Builder and CRM Work Bench to build fetch xml queries and more.

4. You javascripts and html pages will be kept in side web resources. Plugins and custom work flow activities needs to be registered using the plugin registation tool and they will end up in CRM eventually. Solutions can be used to package these items.

Sachith Chandrasiri

Thursday, February 16, 2017 9:51 PM
  • Hi <g class="gr_ gr_7 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="7" id="7">Sachith</g> Chandrasiri,

1).  From where I will get CRM Web API and which <g class="gr_ gr_57 gr-alert gr_spell gr_run_anim ContextualSpelling ins-del multiReplace" data-gr-id="57" id="57">api</g> use for Case details?

2). <g class="gr_ gr_167 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Punctuation only-ins replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="167" id="167">Please</g> can you explain with <g class="gr_ gr_203 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_run_anim Grammar only-ins doubleReplace replaceWithoutSep" data-gr-id="203" id="203">example</g> or details?

Friday, February 17, 2017 4:33 AM