none
Null Category Scheme Not Supported Error RRS feed

• Question

• The new release of WLW has been causing some trouble with my AtomPub based server.  Sometime I get the following error:

System.ArgumentException: Null category scheme not supported
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.AtomProtocolVersion.Atom10ProtocolVersion.CreateCategoryElement(XmlDocument ownerDoc, String category, String categoryScheme, String categoryLabel)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.AtomClient.Populate(BlogPost post, Uri documentUri, XmlElement node, Boolean publish)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Clients.AtomClient.EditPost(String blogId, BlogPost post, INewCategoryContext newCategoryContext, Boolean publish, String& etag, XmlDocument& remotePost)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.BlogClient.Blog.EditPost(BlogPost post, INewCategoryContext newCategoryContext, Boolean publish)
       at WindowsLive.Writer.PostEditor.UpdateWeblogAsyncOperation.DoWork()
       at WindowsLive.Writer.CoreServices.AsyncOperation.InternalStart()

My categories do not have a scheme.

Any ideas what may be causing the problem?
    Wednesday, December 24, 2008 7:39 PM

All replies

• What server are you using that supports AtomPub?  Blogger or Wordpress or something custom? 
    -Brandon Turner [MSFT]
    Monday, January 5, 2009 1:16 AM
  • http://blogsvc.net/ A custom atompub server I wrote.  The source code is available on codeplex.  I'll try and reproduce it and get some fiddler logs.
    Monday, January 5, 2009 4:11 AM
  • This looks like a bug, but you might be able to work around it. Can you show me what your service document looks like? If it's hard to post to this forum, you can e-mail the XML to joe.cheng *AT* microsoft.com. Thanks
    Monday, January 5, 2009 6:50 AM
  • sent you an email, I think it has to do with two categories with the same term (but different casing) that is causing the problem:

<category term="jQuery"/>
    <category term="JQuery" label="jQuery"/>

I've fixed the issue server-side
    Wednesday, January 7, 2009 8:36 AM