help on my one care RRS feed

• Question

• i have purchased a new laptop in calgary alberta in may ,, and now im just remembering to add the disk that they said is good for one year after my free trial ,, do i have to remove the existing one that was installed for 30 days free first,, or is it just to carry on as they installed it for me
    Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:46 AM

Answers

• i have purchased a new laptop in calgary alberta in may ,, and now im just remembering to add the disk that they said is good for one year after my free trial ,, do i have to remove the existing one that was installed for 30 days free first,, or is it just to carry on as they installed it for me

i also have avg 8.0 installed and one care is telling me to remove it and i dont feel safe doing so,, PLEASE HELP ME  out there ,,

phyllis dianne wiebe

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:49 AM
  • I've merged your two posts into one thread and moved that thread to the install and activate topic folder.

If you have OneCare in trial mode and AVG 8 on your PC, you *MUST* remove one of the two. If you plan to continue to use OneCare, and it sounds like you have a retail CD in your possession and have the trial running on the laptop, you must remove AVG. Having two active security programs like AVG and OneCare running can cause serious problems and may actually reduce the performance and security of the PC.

Assuming you wish to use OneCare, if it is is in trial mode now, and you have a retail CD with the yellow sticker inside the case with a retail product key, open OneCare, click on Subscribe. Sign in with a LiveID (and keep track of this ID and password as it will be used for your subscription!), and select the option to subscribe with a PIN/Token/Retail Product Key. Complete activation and your subscription will begin and continue for 12 months, after which time you will need to renew with a credit card or by providing another retail product key.

-steve

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:19 PM

All replies

i also have avg 8.0 installed and one care is telling me to remove it and i dont feel safe doing so,, PLEASE HELP ME  out there ,,

phyllis dianne wiebe

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 5:49 AM
  • I've merged your two posts into one thread and moved that thread to the install and activate topic folder.

If you have OneCare in trial mode and AVG 8 on your PC, you *MUST* remove one of the two. If you plan to continue to use OneCare, and it sounds like you have a retail CD in your possession and have the trial running on the laptop, you must remove AVG. Having two active security programs like AVG and OneCare running can cause serious problems and may actually reduce the performance and security of the PC.

Assuming you wish to use OneCare, if it is is in trial mode now, and you have a retail CD with the yellow sticker inside the case with a retail product key, open OneCare, click on Subscribe. Sign in with a LiveID (and keep track of this ID and password as it will be used for your subscription!), and select the option to subscribe with a PIN/Token/Retail Product Key. Complete activation and your subscription will begin and continue for 12 months, after which time you will need to renew with a credit card or by providing another retail product key.

-steve

Wednesday, July 30, 2008 1:19 PM