none
WCF, EF, WPF, XAML Certification for Visual Studio 2012 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi all,

we (a colleague and me) plan to take our first MS Certifications.
    We both have allready some experience in developing .NET Applications.
    He's got about 5 - 6 Years, i've about 2 Years.

I'm more in Backend Developing (WCF, EF, WF), he is an Allrounder (WCF, EF, WPF, XAML).
    Now the question is, what would be the right path of certification.
    The MSCP seems to be good, but is for VS2010 and depricated and the MCSD doesn't seem to fit our needs.

Thank You all for some Tips to the right way!

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 8:40 AM

Answers

• Hi,

MCDP is still available but this certification will not be renewed and will remain for Visual Studio 2010.

For recent certification you will need to look into the MCSD tracks, there is no other Microsoft development certification that remain valid.

The MCSD: Windows Store Apps and Web Application tracks were recently updated to include Visual Studio 2013 updates:

How have recent releases of Visual Studio 2013, Windows 8.1, Microsoft Azure, and MVC 5 impacted Microsoft official training and certifications for developers?

A.

Updates for our developer certification exams and Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) offerings include:

• November 2013—January 2014:

• MCSD: Windows Store Apps using HTML5 (70-481 and 70-482) exams were updated with Visual Studio 2013 and Windows 8.1 content.

• MCSD: Windows Store Apps using C# (70-484 and 70-485) exams were updated with Visual Studio 2013 and Windows 8.1 content.

• April 30, 2014:

• MCSD: Web Applications (70-486 and 70-487) exams will be refreshed to cover solutions based on Visual Studio 2013, MVC 5, and recent developments in Azure.

• Due to the limited number of changes to the exam topics, updates to the related Microsoft Official Courseware are not planned at this time.

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer

Danny van Dam

MVP, MCC

Tuesday, August 5, 2014 9:30 AM