Cannot setup remote web Access Domain name RRS feed

• Question

• When i try to set up  the domain name on my WHS 2011 i get always this message "An error occurred while setting up your domain name".

My old WHS the domain is working fine but after install the new WHS i alredy try everything but i cannot put my domain working.

Can any one help me.

Thanks

Microsoft Helpdesk
    Saturday, April 23, 2011 12:12 PM

All replies

• Same problem here.  If I look in the Certificates MMC for Local Machine then I can see it has created a certificate request (visible in Certificate Enrollment Requests) so it looks like the enrollment is failing at some point.  I'm attempting to use a free certificate using a name I had already on the old WHS machine, but I've also tried new domain name (also homeserver.com) as well.

Not sure if it's relevant, but my router (Draytek) doesn't seem to want to play UPNP, so the router port forwarding has been set up manually.  Again this was the case with WHS v1.

thanks

Tuesday, April 26, 2011 2:25 PM
  • For others with this problem whilst a proper solution is found, it seems that setting up a certificate manually through IIS works just fine.  I used this link:

http://www.instantssl.com/promo/free-ssl-certificate.html

This gives you an SSL certificate for 90 days for free, which I'm hoping will be long enough for someone to figure out a proper solution.  You just use IIS to initiate and complete the certificate request, and use the link above to process it.  Tested remote access including remote desktop access and it all seems fine.  You do need to have your own domain to use this approach.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011 2:47 PM