vistas firewall off liveone firewall on RRS feed

• Question

• liveone firewall is on, windows vista is not on.  in the hp total advisor window under security the firewall says it is off.  I assume this is vistras firewall?  liveone firewall is on, any way of showing in the sercurity in the hp total advisor that the liveone care firewall is on?

Saturday, August 18, 2007 3:43 PM

Answers

• When One Care is installed it disables the Vista firewall. The HP Total Advisor may not recognize the One Care firewall but if the One Care system tray icon is green your security is good. You might file a bug on Connect regarding the issue with the HP Total Advisor or if you do not have Connect access use the send feedback link under help in the One Care console.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:47 PM

All replies

• When One Care is installed it disables the Vista firewall. The HP Total Advisor may not recognize the One Care firewall but if the One Care system tray icon is green your security is good. You might file a bug on Connect regarding the issue with the HP Total Advisor or if you do not have Connect access use the send feedback link under help in the One Care console.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 4:47 PM
  • thanks!!

Which firewall is better?

sounds like if i use liveone care this is the option I have to use.

Greg

Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:01 PM
  • I think either firewall will adequately protect you but I prefer the One Care firewall because its outbound control easier to configure.

Saturday, August 18, 2007 5:06 PM
  • my firewall in vistas is on and my firewall in liveone is off how do i turn it on? I tried but it will not turn on.

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 3:30 AM
  •  lomaya wrote:
    my firewall in vistas is on and my firewall in liveone is off how do i turn it on? I tried but it will not turn on.

Please contact support, Iomaya.

Support for 2.0 Beta - http://help.live.com/help.aspx?project=onecarev2 - use the "Get More Help" link in the lower right of the page to contact support via email.

Support for v1.6 is via the information here - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=1183038&SiteID=2

-steve

Wednesday, September 5, 2007 11:46 PM