One care con RRS feed

• General discussion

• Strange that now I'm less than 2 weeks away from renewal time i'm told my pc is at risk...yet the only button to press is a renewal button!!!! bit of a con and so as i dont like companies who are con merchants I will renew with another company who dont tell lies to me!! One care you stink!!!!!

Saturday, February 2, 2008 2:52 PM

All replies

• Why do you think that a 2 week warning about protection about to expire is a con?

What would you rather see?

-steve

Monday, February 4, 2008 6:19 PM
  • You seem to conveniently miss the point. I paid for one care, had a computer crash and had to reinstall everything. Everything came back, except OneCare. Since I was about 2 months away from the end of my contract, I decided to just go with the free trial version for a while and then renew. I got the same thing as the other guy. The red sign. When you attempt to update the virus protection, nothing works. Like he said the only thing that works is the renew button. Evidently your promise of 90 days doesn't mean much to you. I still have 40 days left. And all you got from it was Why do you think that a 2 week warning about protection about to expire is a con? ?? Tells it all, right there!

Time to switch to Norton or McAffee.
    Tuesday, February 12, 2008 3:08 AM
  • If you previously used the trial, when you reinstall the trial, you get 15 days - not 90. If you install from a CD, you get 15 days until activation.

You still have 40 days until when? Renewal? Expiration? If you can't update, you have a different problem as updates will not stop until well after expiration.

-steve

Tuesday, February 12, 2008 10:12 AM
  • If you previously used the trial, when you reinstall the trial, you get 15 days - not 90 . If you install from a CD, you get 15 days until activation.

You still have 40 days until when? Renewal? Expiration? If you can't update, you have a different problem as updates will not stop until well after expiration.

-steve

That's the answer I'm looking for. My 60 days trial expired today and my computer (Vista x64) security status shows that my computer is still protected. For how long? Does it still update definitions? If I decide to install a new antivirus how do I uninstall OneCare?
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 12:23 PM
  • It typically had a 30 day grace period, though that is for an expired subscription. I don't know if the trial will continue updating that long. I'd look for an alternative as soon as possible. Avast and Avira are both companies providing free antivirus programs for home users that will work on Vista x64.
    -steve
    Microsoft MVP Windows Live / Windows Live OneCare, Live Mesh, & MS Security Essentials Forums Moderator
    Wednesday, July 1, 2009 2:52 PM