Money Plus issues after latest Windows Update KB3132372 last night RRS feed

• Question

• Is anyone having any issues with Money after Windows Update for IE Flash KB3132372 last night, 12/29?

Everything was working great yesterday.   After importing transactions today,  I am having reports failing and transactions

missing...I have tried multiple backups with all the same results...very strange!

Thanks

Dave

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:23 PM

All replies

• Windows 10 Pro is the OS...
    Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:34 PM
  • I don't know what "I have tried multiple backups with all the same results" means. I hope you mean that you tried restoring earlier backups. If your file developed a problem, you would not want to keep backing up overwriting backups that preceded the problem having occurred. Save a backup, or two, that predates the problem onto other media. I would hope that you have Money set to do scheduled backups in addition to upon-exit backups. I like to do my scheduled backups to a USB flash drive in case my hard drive develops a problem.

You can try a File->RepairMoneyFile->QuickFileRepair.  That is
    simple, but it may not solve this.  If the problem continue, then try I would try
    making a repaired version of your file with
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 2

If your reports continue to be a problem, you can try
    File->RepairMoneyFile->StandardFileRepair level 1
    That will, however reset all reports and delete any custom reports.

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 4:48 PM
  • Unfortunately,  this is impacting every backup version prior to today that I pull down.   I have re-installed money...same issue.

I am feeling like MS broke IE and this is impacting money somehow.    Makes no sense otherwise.

Dave

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 10:05 PM
  • So, I went to a backup from a bout 15 days ago,  and this one is ok.

I have removed that latest update form Microsoft, and stopped updates until Microsoft fixes this bad release.

D

Wednesday, December 30, 2015 11:05 PM
  • I have no problems with my copy of Money after the latest updates.

There are two possible problems, both of which you may have solved by going back to a previous backup.

1. There were corrupt transactions which were generated after that specific backup.

2. There was a download that triggered the issues which are fixed by getting the patched version of mnyob99.dll as described in the top sticky thread:

That Windows update had nothing to do with the issues.

If the first item was the cause of your problems, run the Bills Cleanup (File / Repair Money File / Remove all Bills data). Before cleaning your bills, make a list of all the bills you have, and make sure that you can find one instance in each register into which they are placed. Note the frequency and dates.

After cleaning bills, your bills will have to be re-created. Go to each of the instances you wrote down, and select to make them into bills, then edit the date and frequency to match what they should have. Editing transfers after downloading OFX files is a good way to corrupt bill instances or transactions.

If you haven't replaced your mnyob99.dll file with a patched version, you should.

You should re-enable and keep downloading patches so that you are not a target of malicious web sites and apps.

Bob - MSN Mobile

Friday, January 1, 2016 12:37 AM
  • I had a similar problem with KB3132372 windows update,but thankfully it did not effect my MS Money 2005UK. It froze my Automatic WIN 10 update facility as I could not sign in to any Microsoft accounts like Outlook, ect. Basically the Win update process was just stuck or froze. I overcame this by doing a Windows restore back to a point before  the error occurred. This has happened twice since I changed over to Windows 10,thankfully it has not effected my MS Money yet. Has anybody else had similar problems with the latest Win 10 auto update process ?.

Jimbo - UK

Friday, January 1, 2016 9:59 AM
  • Is anyone having any issues with Money after Windows Update for IE Flash KB3132372 last night, 12/29?

I just reported on Connect that KB3132372 causes Microsoft Money Plus Sunset Deluxe to crash when the following webpage is opened within Money:

https://online.americanexpress.com/myca/logon/us/action/LogLogoffHandler?request_type=LogLogoffHandler&Face=en_US&inav=iNavLogOutButton

Presumably there are other webpages that could produce the same crash.  When KB3132372 is uninstalled, the crash doesn't occur.  This has been reproduced on both 32 bit and 64 bit platforms.

UPDATE (01/04/2016):  Evidently a fix for Adobe Flash Player has already been released for Windows 7 and earlier.  Therefore, its safe to assume another MSFT update to IE will soon follow to fix the issues with KB3132372 and Windows 10.  For more info, check THIS LINK.

UPDATE (01/05/2016):  KB3133431 fixed my particular issue; hopefully it resolves those of others as well
    • Edited by john.b_ Tuesday, January 5, 2016 10:06 PM
    Sunday, January 3, 2016 3:00 PM