none
Connected to wireless network but yellow hazard triangle and "no internet access" RRS feed

• Question

• Hello all,

I have a Samsung N150 netbook with Windows 7 Starter. I've been using extensively to connect to wireless networks in various hotels while travelling. Some are password protected with WEP but most aren't. 90% connect ok. But every now and then I get this same issue with similiar MO. This issue only happens on the public (non-protected) networks.

Here's what happens...

Turn on PC, I connect to my wireless network and everything works fine. Then I go for a while and return now my PC connects to the network but there is 'no internet access'. Even though I could connect a couple of hours before to the same network. A little yellow hazard symbol appears over my wireless networks list (bottom right of screen). Sometimes I'm moving from my hotel room to the lobby... could this be affecting things?

So whats going on here? It's infuriating!

I may have accidentally found a fix (i'm not sure though). Instead of using the wireless network searcher in the bottom start bar I tried adding a wireless device and bing! suddenly i'm connected.

But i'm somwhat dubious of this fix was it a coincidence?

Sunday, August 15, 2010 6:30 AM

Answers