CRM 2011 - Reports have stopped working RRS feed

• Question

• I have recently began getting the an error when trying to run a report. It doesn't make any difference what type of user tries to run it.

The error is as follows:

"error occurred while fetching the list of data extensions installed on the report server"

Please can somebody point me in the right direction so that I can resolve this.

Many thanks in advance.

Dan

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 4:55 PM

All replies

• Check the SQL reporting service is not stopped working.

If the answer helped you, remember to mark it as answer.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 5:21 PM
  • You might check the SSRS log files:

%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft SQL Server\MSSQL.x\Reporting Services\LogFiles

Or the Application log in the Event Viewer on the SSRS machine.

Jason Lattimer
    My Blog -  Follow me on Twitter -  LinkedIn

Wednesday, March 6, 2013 6:21 PM
  • I still haven't got to the bottom of this one and it's becoming very frustrating.

A bit more info for you. I have CRM 2011 installed on one server and SQL server database on another server. When I run the report from my local machine it works fine. However, when I upload to CRM it does not. There are no errors but the query just doesn't seem to run.

I am thinking that the problem might be with the connection string I'm using which uses the database server as the data source and database name as Initial Catalog. Should this be changes when I import the report into CRM?

I anyone has any thought as to what this could be, I would be very grateful to hear of them.

Best regards,

Dan

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 12:03 PM
  • It may also be worth mentioning that the reports work when run directly from the database server after being uploaded through CRM. They just do not work when run from within CRM in the Reports tab. This should help pinpoint where the problem lies.

Furthermore I did not mention that the initial problem described in this thread has now been resolved. There is no longer an error shown.

Many thanks,

Dan

Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:48 PM
  • Did you formulate your query properly. This might be that your report is trying to fetch/retrieve all records. In that case, report will try to load till it time out.

Run the report, and keep waiting till you get a error. If its a timeout, it will fail based on the timeout span set on your server

• Edited by CRMDevlpr Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:57 PM
    Tuesday, March 19, 2013 4:55 PM