Stop the insanity: Vote Now for 64-bit drivers on the restore CD! RRS feed

• General discussion

• If you weigh-in health care effects, it's more costs effective to buy a new computer than to attempt a bare metal restore of a 64-bit system.  Ken Warren filed a suggestion on Connect for a 64-bit driver.  Please vote now and if you don't have a 64-bit system, remember the children!
    Monday, November 2, 2009 3:08 PM

All replies

• sounds good... but it doesnt matter...  Not sure of your problem but i have had zero problems recoverying my x64 win7 ultimate via the restore cd.  All i have to do is make sure i have the propre 32BIT drivers for my hardware.  This request really does not make sense.
    Monday, November 2, 2009 4:57 PM
  • sounds good... but it doesnt matter...  Not sure of your problem but i have had zero problems recoverying my x64 win7 ultimate via the restore cd.  All i have to do is make sure i have the propre 32BIT drivers for my hardware.  This request really does not make sense.
    FWIW, I agree with fwki (and why I voted for his suggestion a looooong time ago).  This product is supposed to be "easy-to-use for the computer novice".  Telling a computer novice to go hunt down 32-bit drivers from the manufacturer's website for the hardware in their computer will get you the response of "........huh?" and a complete blank look on their face.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 1:33 AM

And perhaps I could spend $35,000 on a car with a 6.0 liter V8, then keep a 4 cylinder on the shelf in case the engine fails.
    Wednesday, November 4, 2009 3:03 AM
  • huh?  I got news for you... even if you were running 32bit vista for example, you may have to still install other drivers to get your drives or nic  to show up.  That is why the folder with the drivers gets created for the drivers during backups.  You have to put that one a usb key or save to external drive.  Why do you think there are so many posts of nic cards not showing up during restore or failure to detect disk from restore cd. If you are messing with whs, then you need to have at least the ability to install your own OS.

I for one would like would like 64bit myself.  But since it currently works with x64 7 rtm, it is low on the totem poll.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009 5:19 PM