mdm.exe comes evrytime RRS feed

• Question

• when i chk my taskmngr evry 15-20 minutes ..i find mdmexe running ..

does it use internet?

is it necessary for runnning?
    shud i close?

plz any info..

thx in advance.

Tuesday, March 27, 2007 4:30 PM

Answers

• not again ..

i found some extra info ..from MS officials..

mdm.exe is associated with Microsoft Windows process debugging system. It allows the user to debug Internet Explorer errors by using a script interface tool. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

The Machine Debug Manager, Mdm.exe, is a program that is installed with the Microsoft Script Editor to provide support for program debugging. The Microsoft Script Editor is included with Microsoft Office 2000, and also can be obtained from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site.

The Machine Debug Manager runs as a service and is loaded when your computer starts. If you do not use your computer for debugging purposes, you can safely turn off the Machine Debug Manager

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:00 AM

All replies

• plz install any anti-virus software and  heal the mdm.exe...............
    Wednesday, March 28, 2007 5:11 PM
  • dear frnd..its a file called machine debug manager..

its related to system...so another help plz.

its not a virus/..
    Thursday, March 29, 2007 1:52 AM
  • not again ..

i found some extra info ..from MS officials..

mdm.exe is associated with Microsoft Windows process debugging system. It allows the user to debug Internet Explorer errors by using a script interface tool. This is a non-essential process. Disabling or enabling it is down to user preference.

The Machine Debug Manager, Mdm.exe, is a program that is installed with the Microsoft Script Editor to provide support for program debugging. The Microsoft Script Editor is included with Microsoft Office 2000, and also can be obtained from the Microsoft Windows Update Web site.

The Machine Debug Manager runs as a service and is loaded when your computer starts. If you do not use your computer for debugging purposes, you can safely turn off the Machine Debug Manager

Thursday, March 29, 2007 2:00 AM
  • I was having the same problem until i went to this site http://housecall65.trendmicro.com/ and it turned out to b a backdoor trojan. if it cannot remove it, start PC in safe mode and goto the dir it is in and delete it. i have no more problems since i did this. Hop this helps

Sunday, September 28, 2008 2:16 PM