none
How to link old MS account with new MS account

Question

• The sign in that I use for this forum is an old MS account that no longer is valid. I can also log in to these forums with my new active log in. I have not yet created a profile in my new log in. Do I first create a profile in my new log in,? and then how do I transfer all my points and history posts to my new account?

Also, can you verify my account too? (I you have not already? I tried to submit a post with picture and code snippet - but got message saying my post was flagged to be verified. That was about three hours ago.

Thanks

Top Tip: Toothache? Cut paper towel to 2"square. Smear with olive oil. Sprinkle on Cayenne Pepper. Fold over few times to form small wad. Tuck in between wall of mouth and gum. Leave 1 - 2 hrs. You will thank me!

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:03 AM

Answers

• Hi,

In addition to Karl's suggestions, you can also send an email to fissues (at) microsoft [dot] com with details about which accounts you want to have merged. I believe they'll be able to help with this type of issue.

Good luck.

Don't retire TechNet! - (Don't give up yet - 13,225+ strong and growing)

• Proposed as answer by Just Karl Tuesday, June 30, 2015 4:19 PM
    • Marked as answer by LeonCS Thursday, July 2, 2015 7:45 AM
    Tuesday, June 30, 2015 3:26 PM
  • Hello,

You do not need to create a new profile since you can access the profile.

Click on "Quick Access", "My Settings" and you can change the email address you use for notifications if needed:

Karl

When you see answers and helpful posts, please click Vote As Helpful, Propose As Answer, and/or Mark As Answer.
    My Blog: Unlock PowerShell
    My Book: Windows PowerShell 2.0 Bible
    My E-mail: -join('6D73646E5F6B61726C406F75746C6F6F6B2E636F6D'-split'(?<=\G.{2})'|%{if($_){[char][int]"0x$_"}})

Tuesday, June 30, 2015 2:23 PM

All replies