Using CrmSvcUtil.exe only return help RRS feed

• Question

• This question may be asked several times, but I can't find the answer to the problem.
    I've done it on other projects with good results, but it doesn't work at this moment.
    So please look in to it with me again.....

We use: CRM 2013 on-premise, SDK 2013

When I try to run CrmSvcUtil.exe The only reaction is that the full help is returned.
    My cmd prompt is started as admin and I run:

CrmSvcUtil.exe /url:https://crm-internal.org.com/crmtest/xrmservices/2011/organization.svc /o:CRMModel.cs /n:myNamespace /serviceContextName:XRMServiceContext /u:XXXXXX /p:XXXXX

I also tried with adding the domain, device Id/password etc etc, but all with the same result.
    We are with 3 developers here, 1 can perform CrmSvcUtil without problems but 2 can't..... (help is returned in both cases)

Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:28 PM

Answers

• Friend,

No idea what may be causing the issue. Couple of things you can try

1. see if the users running the command got write access on the folder.

2. Add the entire command into a test.bat file and see if the same script runs for all the three users (by double clicking the batch file).

3. Since help is shown whenever there is error in the command or exception, please try to add only the basic flags and progressively add additional optional flags.

Good Luck,

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:03 PM

All replies

• Hi Robin,

Please try below command:

crmsvcutil.exe /l:cs /url:http://ipaddress/demo1/XrmServices/2011/Organization.svc /o:Xrm.cs /n:Xrm /u:username /p:password /d:domainname /serviceContextName:XrmServiceContext /codeCustomization:"Microsoft.Xrm.Client.CodeGeneration.CodeCustomization, Microsoft.Xrm.Client.CodeGeneration

Regards, Saad

Thursday, October 9, 2014 12:53 PM
  • Hi Saad,

still the same.... :-(

Friday, October 10, 2014 10:52 AM
  • Hi,

Do the other two developers have space in their passwords? If so, use quotation marks for the password.

Persian Dynamics CRM Community | انجمن متخصصان فارسی زبان

Friday, October 10, 2014 1:08 PM
  • a question, are the three using same version of SDK.

are the three having same permission

regards

Jithesh

Friday, October 10, 2014 1:31 PM
  • Password doesn't contain spaces.

SDK versions and permissions are the same

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 9:59 AM
  • Friend,

No idea what may be causing the issue. Couple of things you can try

1. see if the users running the command got write access on the folder.

2. Add the entire command into a test.bat file and see if the same script runs for all the three users (by double clicking the batch file).

3. Since help is shown whenever there is error in the command or exception, please try to add only the basic flags and progressively add additional optional flags.

Good Luck,

Jithesh

Tuesday, October 14, 2014 1:03 PM
  • I don't understand it, but a bat file solves the problem
    Monday, October 20, 2014 1:21 PM