HomeGroup Issue? RRS feed

• Question

• As I reported last week, two of my shared folders on WHS (Vail Beta Refresh) weren't showing up in the HomeGroup folder on any of the other computers connected to the server.  A total of eight folders are supposed to be shared with the HomeGroup - four work default shares and four user created shares.  The two that didn't show up were both user created shares.

When I tried disconnecting and then reconnecting the server to the HomeGroup, again only six folders showed up in the HomeGroup folder on the other connected computers, but this time the missing folders were different from the last time.  Now one of the folders not showing up is a work default share and one is a user created share. 

The first time I reported this, the two missing folders were the two last shared folders (i.e. I had shared the four work default shares during the initial server setup, and subsequently added and shared the four user created shares as I moved data onto the server.  The two folders that I populated and shared last were the two that did not show up.

After disconnecting and reconnecting the server to the HomeGroup, I shared all folders at the same time during the "connect to HomeGroup" wizard.  The two that did not show up this time were the last two on alphabetically sorted list (one of which is the work default folder "Recorded TV")

Could it be that there is a glitch that only allows the sharing of six folders to the HomeGroup?

Thursday, September 23, 2010 5:51 PM

All replies