none
Error window after debugging: error MSB3073 "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the las successful build?" RRS feed

• Question

• I'm using Visual Studio Community 2017. After making any changes in my Vb.net code I get the window "There were build errors. Would you like to continue and run the last successful build?". I click "No" and I debug again without making any other changes to the code. Then it works just fine. This happens everytime there is a change in my code.

I recently had to reinstall VS2017 and this has been happenning ever since. I'm working with .dll files, and those are the same I was using before reinstalling and they worked just fine. So I know that those are fine.

The error code that i'm getting in the error list is the following:

The command call "%VS110COMNTOOLS%vsvars32" mt.exe - manifest "C:\Work\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\X_AddIn.X.manifest" -outputsource: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor2019\Addins\X AddIn.dll";#2 exited with code 9009.

I have searched in my directory for file mt.exe but It wasn't there. So i copied it from a different computer and placed it in what should be the right directory but it still wouldn't work.

I also tried changing the post build event in the project according to a post i found on the web.

After doing that the error changes to: 

The command "call "C:\Program Files(x86)\Micosoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0A\Bin\mt.exe" - manifest "C:\Work\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\X_AddIn\PartsList for DrawingView.X.manifest" -outputsource: "C:\ProgramData\Autodesk\Inventor2019\Addins\X_AddI\X_AddIn.dll";#2" exited with code 31.

together with another error:

Failed to lead and parse the manifest. The system cannot find the file given.

Has anyone experienced this problem before?

Thaks in advance for the help.

Monday, July 8, 2019 11:27 AM

All replies

• Hello,

Did this project ever build correctly? If not it may be an issue with Autodesk code/library/addin. Make sure the autodesk files (guessing an SDK) are installed and the right version.

One thing to try.

• Close Visual Studio.
    • Using Windows Explorer traverse to the project folder.
    • Delete the Bin folder
    • Delete the obj folder.
    • Open Visual Studio to your project
    • Select Rebuild solution from Solution Explorer by right clicking the top node.
    • Did this help? If not did you get the same error? If not what is it.

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, July 8, 2019 11:34 AM
  • Thank you for your quick response.

To answer your question, yes this project build correctly in the past.

I just reinstalled visual studio 2017 one more time together with autodesk SDK and I tried your solution, but sadly the result was the same, so i'm still stuck with it. Do you have any other ideas? 
    Monday, July 8, 2019 12:28 PM
  • Thank you for your quick response.

To answer your question, yes this project build correctly in the past.

I just reinstalled visual studio 2017 one more time together with autodesk SDK and I tried your solution, but sadly the result was the same, so i'm still stuck with it. Do you have any other ideas? 

Try asking here

https://forums.autodesk.com/

Please remember to mark the replies as answers if they help and unmarked them if they provide no help, this will help others who are looking for solutions to the same or similar problem. Contact via my Twitter (Karen Payne) or Facebook (Karen Payne) via my MSDN profile but will not answer coding question on either.

NuGet BaseConnectionLibrary for database connections.

StackOverFlow
    profile for Karen Payne on Stack Exchange

Monday, July 8, 2019 12:45 PM