CRM Roll Up 2 will not install "An unexpected internal error has occurred" RRS feed

• Question

• When I attempt to install the KB 927751 Update Roll Up i get the error "An unexpected internal error has occurred" after it is done extracting the file. there is nothing in the event viewer about this. Here is my setup:

Microsoft Vistat Ultimate 32 Bit
    4 GB ram
    160 GB HDD
    2.4 GHz dual core Intel
    Office Professional 2003 SP3
    User is admin of laptop

This is a brand new laptop and I have never had this issue before. I would really love some help as Outlook is crashing every so often when i close an email and im wondering if it is because i dont have this update that might fix some bugs.

Friday, February 1, 2008 4:32 PM

Answers

•  

Dear,

Which CRM version you are using CRM 3 / CRM 4.

Rollup update is only for CRM 3.

Also let me know in details of log file and I will check.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:29 PM
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 8:10 AM

All replies

•  

Dear,

Which CRM version you are using CRM 3 / CRM 4.

Rollup update is only for CRM 3.

Also let me know in details of log file and I will check.

Regards,

Imran

http://microsoftcrm3.blogspot.com

• Marked as answer by Jim Glass Jr Thursday, May 14, 2009 8:29 PM
    Saturday, February 2, 2008 8:10 AM
  • OK now my thread is back???? i was looking ofr it for the last 2 days it was gone. now its back. Please excuse the double post in the other forum.

Imran we are using v3 of CRM. the log files that you ask of, where are these located?
    Monday, February 4, 2008 2:08 PM
  • One thing im not sure if it matters or not but if i dive into the Temp files it copies over i see 2 folders, one for rollup 1 and one for rollup 2 when i try to manually execute the rollup 1 i get a "Not enough storage is available to process this command" I have downloaded also the real rollup 1 from MS with the same result. So my 5 cent though is that this is what is causing the issue but its not passing this exact error back to the primary setup.exe to error out properly. Any ideas?
    Monday, February 4, 2008 2:30 PM