none
Are there any (already) known reasons why I'm unable to provide proper feedback on a TechNet site ?

Question

• Hello Peter (or anyone else acting as forum moderator too),

I know that asking this question here might probably even extend too much main focus allowed for this forum, but unlikely so far other known ways to provide my feedback are not functioning properly.

So are there any (already) known reasons why I'm currently unable to provide proper feedback on a TechNet site ?

Here are more details 1) on what I'm trying to do and 2) error message resulting after my attempt :

1) I found an error in a quite important site page on TechNet (Microsoft Security Response Center) that I would have liked to report while also providing a verified solution, but whenever I try to use 'Site Feedback' at the very bottom of same web page, after I properly enter all details required, also fill validation code as needed and hit [ Submit ] button I always see operation failing with following error message;

2) 'There was an error sending your message. Please try again.'

Because in the past I already reported a similar issue that was preventing 'Site Feedback' to work properly (a quick fix was implemented thanks to a former contact I had in MS), now I'd really like to help again on trying to fix 'Site Feedback' reporting for users (before I too help more to fix error found in MSRC main page confirmed above).

Best Regards

Rob

Saturday, July 15, 2017 3:25 PM

Answers

• Good day Rob,

Regarding the issue related to the "Site Feedback" I think Richard's solution is best first option (sending the email to the fissues. If it is not related to them directly, then they might pass it to the right team.

Regarding you technical feedback about the content, if you want I can pass it directly to someone in the Microsoft Azure Security team, which might help. It is not the same team probably but they might pass it to the right team. If this fit you, then please write the exact issue that you want to report (I cannot promise any direct answer but I'll pass it on)

signature   Ronen Ariely
     [Personal Site]    [Blog]    [Facebook]    [Linkedin]

Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:32 AM

All replies

• I got an error, I think the same one you reported, yesterday when I reported a spammer in the TechNet Wiki. We report on a feedback page, which has a Captcha (where you must type a scripted string). Perhaps all feedback pages have problems. I will try another (if I can find a spammer to report) to confirm. If I get the same error I will email fissues [at] microsoft [dot] com, the forum admins, and the only people I can contact if the feedback pages don't work.

Richard Mueller - MVP Enterprise Mobility (Identity and Access)

Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:24 PM
  • I just got the same error again, attempting to report a Wiki spammer:

I will email fissues about this issue.

Saturday, July 15, 2017 8:42 PM
  • Good day Rob,

Regarding the issue related to the "Site Feedback" I think Richard's solution is best first option (sending the email to the fissues. If it is not related to them directly, then they might pass it to the right team.

Regarding you technical feedback about the content, if you want I can pass it directly to someone in the Microsoft Azure Security team, which might help. It is not the same team probably but they might pass it to the right team. If this fit you, then please write the exact issue that you want to report (I cannot promise any direct answer but I'll pass it on)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Sunday, July 16, 2017 12:32 AM
  • fissues replied to my email that they are investigating. I pointed out that we cannot report the many spammers in the TechNet Wiki seen recently because the page we use to report them is a feedback page.

Sunday, July 16, 2017 1:50 AM
  • I have seen your work in the Wiki, cleaning all the spam :-)

WELL DONE!

signature   Ronen Ariely

Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:10 AM
  • Hello Richard, Hello Ronen,

many thanks for all your updates. I'm about to report to fissues via email too about 'Site Feedback' no more working.

Upon receiving their confirmation that 'Site Feedback' works again, I'll update more this forum thread.

Ronen,

thanks indeed for your additional suggestion too. Since my feedback deals with EMET I'm just about to see if reporting my findings (and my proposed solution) into EMET forum might just be better or even simply quicker (obviously unless someone else from that side should tell me to do differently).

Best Regards

Rob

• Edited by _RobMer_ Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:31 PM Now completed properly... :-)
    Sunday, July 16, 2017 4:20 PM
  • Hello Richard, Hello Ronen,

many thanks for all your updates. I'm about to report to fissues via email too about 'Site Feedback' no more working.

Upon receiving their confirmation that 'Site Feedback' works again, I'll update more this forum thread.

Ronen,

thanks indeed for your additional suggestion too. Since my feedback deals with EMET I'm just about to see if reporting my findings (and my proposed solution) into EMET forum might just be better or even simply quicker (obviously unless someone else from that side should tell me to do differently).

Best Regards

Rob

Great :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Sunday, July 16, 2017 6:42 PM
  • Engineering has replied that the issue should now be resolved. They asked that we verify that the feedback pages work.

Edit: I reported a spam TechNet Wiki user on a feedback page, and it worked. I will reply to Engineering that I believe the issue is resolved.

Wednesday, July 19, 2017 12:57 PM
  • Well done :-)

signature   Ronen Ariely

Tuesday, July 25, 2017 6:41 AM