none
MS Support fails to own support issues - Total Waste of Customers time and MS Resources

General discussion

• After 10 calls to support (india and philippines) my machine is still unable to upgrade from W8 to W8.1 (so I can update to W10).

Multiple Case numbers, disconnects, associates ending shifts, just generally quitting on my support scenario (because reboot takes freakin hours )...  NO ONE WILL OWN MY SUPPORT CASE TO RESOLUTION!!!

Makes one envy the Apple ecosystem where none of this occurs  (sure drives crash blah blah but with TimeMachine I can restore and away I go.. )  Here support has used PC-Doctor, 3rd party registry tools, Autorun etc... and without exception all fail to diagnose the issue(s) and some 2 months after opening the first case (yes there are a few) the simple fact remains.

Microsoft support seems incapable of making a machine upgrade from W8 to W8.1.

For all the time/resources invested by MS support and myself, it would have been WAY cheaper to just install a copy from scratch (yes I made a full backup and have data) and resolve the customer problem than having wasted some 40+ hours of both our time!!!

Thursday, December 24, 2015 11:51 AM

All replies