Streets & Trips RRS feed

• General discussion

• No matter how many different programs I've tried over the past 5 years, there is nothing like Microsoft Streets & Trips.  For the past 18 years, I have planned extremely detailed vacation road trips throughout the US (38 national parks), some with 100s of waypoints.  On just about every waypoint, I have set an amount of time I want to spend at each location.  Same with "start of day" times and "end of day" times.  This is invaluable, as it allows you to see how your day will progress and how much you can actually fit into one day.  There is nothing like this out there in any program or app!  So, I'm still using S&T 2013!  I've just planned a 12-day road trip throughout the state of New Mexico, 2200 miles of driving, and it's planned down to the second!  Unfortunately, when I export the data into a GPX file, nothing will open it because of S&T errors in the file.  I'm going to try to buy the Pharos iGPS 500 unit that works with S&T and see if I can follow the route on my Surface Pro.  Microsoft needs to bring this program back!  Or create an app that will open navigate the .est files.  The crap that's out there is just for salesmen who want to plan a short route to their clients.  How could you ever discontinue this program!!  
    Friday, January 25, 2019 6:56 PM