Deleting Duplicate Invite RRS feed

• General discussion

• Both Nadia and myself added someone to a folder.  This made two enteries in the members list, one which he acceped and one that remained as "(pending)".  I decided to delete the duplicate entry to make it tidier, but instead if it removing the "(pending)" entry it removed the acceped one.  In the end i had to invite the person back to the folder.

I would add this problem to the connect website but im currently waiting to be acceped.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 6:38 AM

All replies

• Hi,

We would like for you to be able to submit this bug to the team.  Please send an email requesting Connect access to lmprev@microsoft.com which contains: (a) your Live ID (for use with Connect), and (b) your handle on these forums (to help us track the request).  We will then be able to give you access to our Connect site so that you can submit your bug information.

Thank you,

Ben.
    Wednesday, April 30, 2008 10:02 PM
  • Actually, once someone is invited, you can invite them again without using one of your invitations. You use invitation count is decreased by one only for someone new to Live Mesh.

Thank you,

Nadia Fortini
    Live Mesh Team
    Nadia Fortini - Live Mesh Team
    Thursday, May 1, 2008 2:11 AM
  • What I was trying to say was that in the members list of the folder, two entries of the same person were made.  He accepted one invitation so one of the entries moved from "Pending" to being a member of the folder.  The other remained as pending as he only accepted the one invite.

I attempted to delete the remaining "pending" entry in the members list but it was the one that was accepted that was removed.

The fault isn’t so much that two invites were used because as you say, only the one will.  The fault is that one person/email address was in the members list at the same time, probably due to the fact we added the person at the exact same time and the delay in sending the invites in the server meant that one of the invites was not blocked as it should have been.  I believe this as I tried to add someone to a sharing folder twice but the second invite got blocked as that person had already been invited.

Let me know if I’m still not making sense.

Thursday, May 1, 2008 2:38 AM