One Care Circle does not show other PCs RRS feed

• General discussion

•  

Been through many attempts at fixing this as directed by tech support several months back.  Finally stopped following through with tech support after 2 weeks of "help"  Will give it another try here.  3 PCs, all Vista Business ed. on a home network. One Care paid subscription with each PC installed and registered under that ID.  None of the PCs will display the status of the others no matter which I make a hub.  Have reinstalled WOC several times on each machine.  Everything else with WOC works fine.  All PCs using 2.0.2500.22. Case ID SRX1051353673 from Dec 2007

Please Help.

Thursday, March 6, 2008 5:31 AM

All replies

• I recommend contacting support once more and starting anew. I suspect that they have more knowledge at this time on how to resolve this problem, though I don't have new information here. I suspect that your problem is due to a service or services being turned off on your system(s) causing them to not be able to communicate status to one another and the OneCare servers.

-steve

Saturday, March 8, 2008 1:37 AM
  • As you suggested, I opened a new support incident - Microsoft Support Incident: SRX1062398920.  This support incident has been ongoing for the past two weeks.  The original issue remains - WOC hub does not display other Vista PCs in the circle.  I am instructed in this incident to try the same things as the original support incident, which I faithfully do to make sure nothing is overlooked.

Finally I tried my own experiment, I installed and registered WOC on my ID on my work laptop while connected on my home network (the three Vista machines are on same home network).  Within a short time the laptop shows up on my Vista hub PCs circle.  When I removed WOC from the laptop the circle went back to no PCs in my circle.

The latest insult from the WOC tech support team, I was asked to uninstall Vista SP1 from all three PCs even though I had just installed it two weeks earlier and this issue started months ago.

I have stated that my support incident is non-trival and needs to get escalated.  They just seem to ignore me and throw out other solutions that have already been tried.  How do I get my issue escalated?  Is there a support phone number?

Thursday, April 3, 2008 10:08 PM
  • Since the case is open, post the case ID here or email it to me at sboots@mvps.org with a link to this thread in the message body and "OneCare" in the subject to clear past my spam filtering and I'll ask for the case to be looked into.

And, no, don't remove Vista SP1.

-steve

Friday, April 4, 2008 12:34 AM