none
Log-in strangeness RRS feed

• Question

• If I go directly into the forums, sometimes (I think absence times are measured) I have to login repeatedly. If I do a little deviation and visit "Windows 7 Client Techcenter" first, I'm logged-in automatically (subsequently in the forums, too). Why that?
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    Saturday, March 20, 2010 10:19 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hi Sanmartin

This has been the default behavior for a long time, it seems. I don't allow my password to be saved.

I usually open one single forum, log in and then open the rest of the forums. All of the the subsequent forums will automatically show my user account as logged in. This lasts until I finally log out at the end of the day.

Hope this helps.

Ronnie Vernon MVP
    Monday, March 22, 2010 9:04 AM
  • Thank you, Ronnie. But what about the second part? The main reason I asked is that the manual login to the forums sometimes has a sort of lags: you sign in - nothing happens, you sign in again - your username appears at the top right but your stats don't show (my threads, etc.), third sign in - done. Reversely, if I go to TechNet (Home) or Connect first, I get automatically logged-in (ok, I allow saving my password), and this status is maintained when I switch to a forum, with no further hassle.
    "I think there is a world market for maybe five computers.” (Thomas J. Watson, Sr.)
    • Edited by Sanmartin Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:09 PM
    Monday, March 22, 2010 10:11 AM
  • Well, things have changed a bit. I've different Live ID's now, for different purposes, and the automatic log-in is gone. Understandable. What's remaining, is the annoyance to have to click on "sign-in" several times, as I wrote above. My username is always present on the top right but before I'm able to visit the forums as a known user, to review my threads etc., I'm forced to sign in up to 5-6 times before the system reacts. (Possibly connected to frequent "error 500" messages - but that's another issue. [Really?])
    Thursday, March 25, 2010 11:08 PM
  • This should be easier now. Thanks!

Ed Price (a.k.a User Ed), SQL Server Experience Program Manager (Blog, Twitter, Wiki)

Sunday, April 29, 2012 4:48 AM
    Owner