CRM 2011 + SharePoint 2010 + ADFS RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

We have CRM 2011 (on premises) with an IFD using ADFS and also have a SharePoint 2010 IFD with ADFS.  SharePoint and CRM are integrated and everything is working but this is one glitch I can't figure out. 

When a user clicks on Documents (on any entity) for the first time during a session, the frame in CRM 2011 takes them to the SharePoint homepage - presumably because the ADFS STS is authenitcation them and kicking them back to it's endpoint (I'm guessing here).

If the user closes the entity (say an Account for this example) and then opens the Account back up and clicks on Documents, it takes them to the document location properly and this behaviour will persist as long as they remain authenticated.  Is there something I can do to avoid this?

Thanks,

Jason

Jason Williams
    Monday, January 9, 2012 11:09 PM

All replies

• Hi,

Did you get any further with this?

I am having a similar issue. Same configuration as above, SharePoint and CRM on ADFS. However when I click on Documents for the first time during a session I do not get the SharePoint home page I get the log in page.

If I then proceed to log in I then the SharePoint home page. Though if I open a new tab and browse to the SharePoint site, I get redirected to login page and then redirected back to the SharePoint home page, so outside CRM the Single-Sign-On process works, once I've done this I can then go back into CRM and Documents work as expected.

Any pointers much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy

Monday, January 30, 2012 11:46 AM
  • Hi Jeremy,

We continue to struggle with this problem.  It doesn't seem to be an issue if the entity already has a document location associated with it.  When we add a record to an entity for the first time, we are prompted with the message "A folder will be created at the location https://blah/blah.blah".  When we click OK, it takes us to the home page of SharePoint.

Does anybody have suggestions?  Anybody at all?

Jason Williams
    Saturday, February 4, 2012 3:20 AM