Address book Q... RRS feed

• Question

•  

Finally got our address book issues sorted (errors on the client) and I have a quick Q...

I can only seem to search and locate mail enabled DL and users within a specific OU in AD within the communicator client and unfortunately its the OU with the groups in and not our live users.(its an old OU that Exchange moved all the groups into during a 5.5 upgrade to 2003 a few years back)

How do I configure the address book to search for users within our "accounts" OU for example?!

Tuesday, November 20, 2007 5:13 PM

All replies

• Upon looking at this,

When I search for a user in the OCS Client, it is only pulling out groups.  The groups are in various OU's and there doesnt appear to be common factor in finding a specific group, completely sporadic.

NO users are being searched upon as they are not lisiting in the address book...

Any one have any ideas on why I cant find any users and only groups??

Address book is working, syncing, downloading etc... no errors.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 11:58 AM
  • Only mail-enabled distribution groups in AD will appear in your OCS address book, so if you are looking for security groups that might be some of the 'missing' objects.

Regarding the missing user accounts, I'd start looking through you logs to see if some pre-existing AD configuration issue is causing the problems as it should work in OCS out-of-the-box.

Wednesday, November 21, 2007 3:04 PM