I have a new computer with Vista op system, Windows Mail was running ok until I downloaded Microsoft updates (49 of them) since then it just hangs and message says not responding RRS feed

• General discussion

• I set up my new notebook on Monday, initially had problems with router but all that is now sorted.  On Tuesday I was prompted to download updates to Vista, there were 49 of them, I did as instructed and after that Email client was not responding, no problems with IE.  I had loaded some software new Office suite etc in the course of setting up pc, and I contacted Pc World where I bought it from and they said it could have been one of the updates that had caused the problem.  I restored to time earlier on Tuesday and it corrected the problem, but lost all my software.  I have since had to do this twice, I do not want to restore again - there must be something I can do to correct this.  Is there an update that can be disabled which may have caused it?  It also says receiving mail, but task bar at top says not responding
    • Changed type JimR1Moderator Friday, September 25, 2009 12:49 PM
    • Moved by JimR1Moderator Friday, September 25, 2009 12:49 PM Off topic. (From:Updating Virus and Spyware Definitions)
    Friday, September 25, 2009 10:24 AM

All replies

• :) You are posting all these questions in the wrong forum... check out "where is the forum for"
    http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/categories

As to your Vista problem, I would be tempted to do a factory restore as it's new and start again. I've just done a clean install of Vista from a pre SP1 disc so 8 hours of installing updates and service packs etc but no issues or problems.  
    Before you do that it might be worth using system restore and installing updates a few at a time to narrow any problem one down.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 10:44 AM
  • Sorry I am cionfused, I thought this was a technical forum
    Friday, September 25, 2009 11:06 AM
  • Hi Dee... it is, but for Microsoft Security Essentials only... and this sub forum for specific questions on virus and spyware definitions only. Look at the top of the page (in blue) to see where you are.
    The folk you need to answer your question won't be looking here. You'll get loads of help with the questions in the right place where folk can see them.
    Friday, September 25, 2009 11:23 AM
  • Many Thanks, new to forums will go to the right place
    Friday, September 25, 2009 12:01 PM