Cannot update PartyIdName in ActivityParty view in CRM 2011 RRS feed

• Question

• Hi,

I am trying to disassociated an account with a closed Appointment in CRM 2011, re-association the closed Appointment with a new account.  It can't be done thru Appointment form.  So, I am trying to update FilteredActivityPointer view and FilteredAcitivityParty view in CRM 2011 database.  When I update PartyIdName, SQL Server error says: Update or insert of view or function 'FilteredActivityParty' failed because it contains a derived or constant field.

Questions:

1). Is there a better way to associate and disassociate an account in Regarding and Required fields in a closed Appointment?

2). How to update PartyIdName assuming no permission to access ActivityPartyBase table?

Friday, September 19, 2014 4:17 PM

Answers

• hello,

filtered views are views and cannot be updated. It is also not recommended to do direct updates on database.

you could write a console application to open the appointment. Modify the appointment and close it.

if there are only few appointment, you could do it through a workflow.

1. Create an ondemand workflow to open a closed appointment.

2. Run this workflow on the appointment.

3. Make the party change, close the appointment.

regards,

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Monday, September 22, 2014 2:03 PM
    Sunday, September 21, 2014 2:44 AM

All replies

• hello,

filtered views are views and cannot be updated. It is also not recommended to do direct updates on database.

you could write a console application to open the appointment. Modify the appointment and close it.

if there are only few appointment, you could do it through a workflow.

1. Create an ondemand workflow to open a closed appointment.

2. Run this workflow on the appointment.

3. Make the party change, close the appointment.

regards,

Jithesh

• Marked as answer by chicago bq Monday, September 22, 2014 2:03 PM
    Sunday, September 21, 2014 2:44 AM
  • Hi, Jithesh-

First, thanks for your prompt response.  Absolutely, the workflow is the best solution and it worked.

Regards,

Monday, September 22, 2014 2:04 PM