Trasfering back ups from old whs to new whs RRS feed

• Question

• I have been running whs from many years now, I got a up to date server and up to date whs software. (whs 3003 to whs 2011) How can I retrieve the back ups from the old server and put them on the new? My main goil is I have new out of the box back ups and new with my info back ups that I would like to keep.
    Friday, January 31, 2014 4:17 PM

Answers

• No known way - the two WHS versions use completely different technologies. Certainly no Microsoft supported method exists and I have not seen any other way of doing it either.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:41 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 5:49 PM

All replies

• No known way - the two WHS versions use completely different technologies. Certainly no Microsoft supported method exists and I have not seen any other way of doing it either.

Phil P.S. If you find my comment helpful or if it answers your question, please mark it as such.

• Marked as answer by Andy Qi Sunday, February 9, 2014 4:41 PM
    Friday, January 31, 2014 5:49 PM
  • I could restore my unit to the old back it up then restore it back again, just sounds like a pain !!
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 9:16 AM
  • Yes that would work and would be a good way to test everything is working before disaster strikes. There, as far as I am aware, is no way of just converting the database from WHS to WHS2011.

Saturday, February 1, 2014 12:55 PM
  • It's not possible.  The backup format used in WHS v1 is not compatible with the backup format used on WHS 2011.  
    Sunday, February 2, 2014 3:25 PM