XP or 7? RRS feed

• Question

• If you guys were thinking of taking your first ever MS certification course, which OS would you opt for? I know XP Pro is still used by the majority of business users. Or should I just skip XP and train for Windows 7?

Thanks for your thoughts :)

Thursday, December 23, 2010 9:39 PM

Answers

• Consider this - would you rather be certified in technology that is seven years old, or in technology that is a little over two years old and that many businesses are adopting?
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:00 PM
    Answerer
  • I think on balance I agree with Charles. I've just been working with a client who uses Windows 7 as their main desktop and server operating system. I appreciate that Windows XP is still much widely used than Windows 7. I reckon that many large organisations will be rolling out Windows 7 now it's proved to be stable and I also reckon people with Windows 7 certification will be able to charge a premium.
    If you have found any of my posts helpful then please vote them as helpful. Kieran Wood MCTS BI, PGD SoftDev (Open), MBCS http://uk.linkedin.com/in/bileeds
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:11 PM
  • Friday, December 24, 2010 11:17 AM

All replies

• Consider this - would you rather be certified in technology that is seven years old, or in technology that is a little over two years old and that many businesses are adopting?
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:00 PM
    Answerer
  • I think on balance I agree with Charles. I've just been working with a client who uses Windows 7 as their main desktop and server operating system. I appreciate that Windows XP is still much widely used than Windows 7. I reckon that many large organisations will be rolling out Windows 7 now it's proved to be stable and I also reckon people with Windows 7 certification will be able to charge a premium.
    If you have found any of my posts helpful then please vote them as helpful. Kieran Wood MCTS BI, PGD SoftDev (Open), MBCS http://uk.linkedin.com/in/bileeds
    Thursday, December 23, 2010 10:11 PM
  • Friday, December 24, 2010 11:17 AM