CRM Partner Hosted Model - fraud questions RRS feed

• Question

•  

Greetings -

I understand that microsoft provides the multi-tenant saas version of their CRM application to their partners with the purpose that the partner can host that on their own cloud and provide subscriptions to clients and collect revenue.  Questions:

1. can a partner not share a portion of the revenue that is collected from this SaaS version with Microsoft? 
    2. If so, isn't this illegal?  What is the best way of letting Microsoft know?
    3. Is there a public link that you can provide how this model works and what is legal and not legal?

Thanks

Tammy

Tuesday, January 28, 2014 1:39 PM

All replies

• anyone???
    Saturday, February 1, 2014 5:45 PM
  • Hi,

As a vendor, vendor has a choice to host their client's Microsoft CRM and offer it as their own offering at the cost that suits them to allow them to do business. Vendor needs to pay for all the user licenses to Microsoft on monthly basis. This is legal and the right way to do business.

Here is the link for SPLA licensing model:

http://www.microsoft.com/hosting/en/us/licensing/splabenefits.aspx

Hope this helps.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
     Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Sunday, February 2, 2014 3:50 AM
  • Hi,

As a vendor, vendor has a choice to host their client's Microsoft CRM and offer it as their own offering at the cost that suits them to allow them to do business. Vendor needs to pay for all the user licenses to Microsoft on monthly basis. This is legal and the right way to do business.

Here is the link for SPLA licensing model:

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya

If this post answers your question, please click "Mark As Answer" on the post and "Vote as Helpful"

Hi minal - thank you for the answer.  does microsoft has a way of knowing how many licenses that vendor has offered on its own crm cloud offering?

Does microsoft has a way of knowing on what IP the vendor is offering its crm cloud application?  assuming this has to be yes, since the application needs upgrades and patches.  please correct me if I am wrong.

thanks

Sunday, February 2, 2014 5:16 AM
  • Hi,

Upgrades and patches for vendor hosted servers are responsibility of the vendor and Microsoft is not responsible for the same. Also I am sure there is regular audits by Microsoft on all vendor environments having SPLA licenses from Microsoft.

Hope this helps.

Minal Dahiya
    blog : http://minaldahiya.blogspot.com.au/

Sunday, February 2, 2014 10:32 AM