Removing Windows Not Genuine Messages? RRS feed

• Question

• I recently posted on here about my problems with Windows suddenly telling my it is not genuine. Since my COA sticker is on the bottom of the laptop and on the hottest part of the computer, it has since worn off during the last two years. I recently replaced the hard drive and reinstalled Windows. It seems my Product Key is the wrong one, and therefore I'm screwed with trying to actually activating my Windows. It's a completely legal version and it's just upsetting there's no way to get my Product Key, (just more upset HP didn't think this through when placing the sticker).

Is there a way to remove the messages from continually coming up telling me it's not genuine? I refuse to pay $150 for another version of Windows that I already paid for with my laptop. Can I just restore to before this most recent "necessary" update?

In case it's necessary, my diag report is on the following thread (http://social.microsoft.com/Forums/el-GR/genuinewindows7/thread/bdc56499-f64c-4af1-a127-a58ab256f504)

Monday, June 18, 2012 4:52 PM

Answers

All replies

• Monday, June 18, 2012 5:04 PM
  • Order recovery disks from the computer's manufacturer or a third party like Recovery-Disks.com.  Recovery disks do not require entry of a product key.

Colin Barnhorst Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on DIY with 6GB ram.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012 3:24 PM
    Answerer
  • Thanks for marking the answers before I was done Darin.....

With recovery disks, how can I use them without an internal CD/DVD drive?

Friday, June 22, 2012 8:46 PM
  • "morte11221122" wrote in message news:6ce655a7-a8e1-4165-99ef-95ef81dc0716...

Thanks for marking the answers before I was done Darin.....

With recovery disks, how can I use them without an internal CD/DVD drive?

Follow the manufacturer's recommendations - or borrow/buy an external DVD drive.

(you can always unmark the answer if you feel it's inaccurate or inadequate)

Noel Paton | Nil Carborundum Illegitemi | CrashFixPC | The Three-toed Sloth
    Friday, June 22, 2012 9:52 PM