none
Requesting to be a moderator RRS feed

• General discussion

• Hello,

I've been helping the C# community for few years, I'm fairly active there and I really like to keep this forum clean and professional, the amount of spam and irrelevant posts in this forum is beyond annoying, sometimes it takes hours to days for the community moderators to respond or react to it, so I'd like to step in and nominate myself as a possible moderator to this forum.

I'm not sure whether this is the correct/acceptable/traditional way you do it around here.

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

• Changed type Eyal Solnik Friday, March 15, 2013 1:57 PM
    Friday, March 8, 2013 6:26 PM

All replies

• You should take the spam more seriously and do something about it either add more moderators or/and implement a system that will make it harder to spam and easier to report.

I mean we're spending some of our time here and reporting for spam that takes hours to clean doesn't make sense to me.

Please, take this seriously.

P.S. it doesn't have to be me but pick someone that can moderate the forum and make it more pleasant for everyone else. :)

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

• Edited by Eyal Solnik Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:14 AM
    Wednesday, March 13, 2013 8:10 AM
  • The quickest way to get SPAM removed is to report this to fissues at microsoft dot com. When I send reports to them, I get replies almost immediately. So, lately I do not bother posting in any of SPAM threads, I just send email.

For every expert, there is an equal and opposite expert. - Becker's Law

My blog

Thursday, March 14, 2013 12:58 AM
  • Ah nice, I'll try that then. :)

Regards,

Eyal Shilony

Thursday, March 14, 2013 3:38 AM