none
can not point to the Title RRS feed

• Question

• In the zh-TW forum, I can not put my cursor to the Title area , it happened just few days ago.

Friday, November 9, 2012 8:18 AM

Answers

• Do you mean you cannot put the insertion point in the Title field when you ask a new question? If so, I have experienced this in the past (in US English forums). My solution was to hit the tab key repeatedly until I could see that the insertion point was in the Title field. Sometimes, I would enter my question, then Ctrl-Tab back to the Title field. I never figured out what caused this. I don't think it happens to everyone. It has not happened to me lately.

Richard Mueller - MVP Directory Services

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:29 PM
  • I think I just figured out what causes this, by experimenting in the TechNet Sandbox forum. In IE9 (and perhaps other versions) there is a "Compatibility View" button near the "Refresh" button at the top. If you are like me, you accidently hit "Compatibility View" sometimes. If the button icon is Blue (whatever that means), then you cannot click the mouse in the Title field when you ask a question in the forums. You need to click the "Compatibilty View" button so it is Grey, then click "Ask a question". I've seen other strange behaviour when the "Compatibilty View" button is blue, which is why I tested this. I hope this helps.

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:34 PM

All replies

• Do you mean you cannot put the insertion point in the Title field when you ask a new question? If so, I have experienced this in the past (in US English forums). My solution was to hit the tab key repeatedly until I could see that the insertion point was in the Title field. Sometimes, I would enter my question, then Ctrl-Tab back to the Title field. I never figured out what caused this. I don't think it happens to everyone. It has not happened to me lately.

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:29 PM
  • I think I just figured out what causes this, by experimenting in the TechNet Sandbox forum. In IE9 (and perhaps other versions) there is a "Compatibility View" button near the "Refresh" button at the top. If you are like me, you accidently hit "Compatibility View" sometimes. If the button icon is Blue (whatever that means), then you cannot click the mouse in the Title field when you ask a question in the forums. You need to click the "Compatibilty View" button so it is Grey, then click "Ask a question". I've seen other strange behaviour when the "Compatibilty View" button is blue, which is why I tested this. I hope this helps.

Friday, November 9, 2012 11:34 PM
  • Hi Richard,

Thanks for your information, that's what you described , and your suggestion does help me a lot.

And another question is that why it will be normal using google chrome!

Monday, November 12, 2012 6:29 AM