Uninstall Addin RRS feed

• Question

• I tried out VPOP3 a while ago and uninstalled when the demo version expired but it is still showing on the Installed Add-ins list in settings? How can I remove this? If I click on UnInstall there I just get an error since it is already uninstalled. 
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:32 PM

Answers

• Ah!
    When you remove any Add-In, it has to be done through the Console, Settings, Add Ins and selecting Remove on the appropriate Add In. You could try re-installing it, and then removing it again through the Console.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Marked as answer by Rtimm227 Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:38 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 8:12 PM

All replies

• Hi,
    If you Remote into your Server, does the Add/Remove programs show anything?
    Have you tried rebooting the Server, and re-setting the Console, (this is achieved from the Options menu on the screen where you enter your password when calling up the WHS Console).

Also, Paul Smith, (VPOP3) has their own forum, so could well be worthwhile contacting them.

Colin

If anyone answers your query successfully, please mark it as 'Helpful', to guide other users.
    • Marked as answer by Rtimm227 Friday, December 26, 2008 8:06 PM
    • Unmarked as answer by Rtimm227 Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:38 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 7:49 PM
  •  When I uninstalled the first time I used the Add remove programs since I fugured this was the best way to go about it. So nothing left there and I tried the reset and a restart but it is still showing in the Add-ins section. I will contact VPOP3 and see what they have to say. So will mark your answer as helpful
    Friday, December 26, 2008 8:06 PM
  • Ah!
    When you remove any Add-In, it has to be done through the Console, Settings, Add Ins and selecting Remove on the appropriate Add In. You could try re-installing it, and then removing it again through the Console.

Colin

• Marked as answer by Rtimm227 Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:38 PM
    Friday, December 26, 2008 8:12 PM
  • The re-install and then uninstall from the add-in console did the trick. I will always remove from console first.

Thanks

Saturday, December 27, 2008 4:39 PM