Installing Zentity RRS feed

• Question

• hi,

I just finsihed install (one windows 7 with sql server 2008 R2.

now when i try to open any page i am getting following error

HTTP Error 500.19 - Internal Server Error

The requested page cannot be accessed because the related configuration data for the page is invalid.

Config Error This configuration section cannot be used at this path. This happens when the section is locked at a parent level. Locking is either by default (overrideModeDefault="Deny"), or set explicitly by a location tag with overrideMode="Deny" or the legacy allowOverride="false".
    Config File \\?\C:\Program Files\Zentity\ZentityWebSite\WebUI\web.config

139: </modules> 140: <handlers> 141: <remove name="WebServiceHandlerFactory-Integrated"/>

How can i fix this error,

Thanks,

Sajjad

Friday, August 26, 2011 9:40 AM

All replies

• Hi,

Thanks for your post.

This is a IIS error. You may visit these links (social msdn, asp.net forum, Microsoft support) to get some help and try out at your end. You can also search further using the error number and message.

Please let me know if you have any further issue.

-Regards

Friday, August 26, 2011 12:53 PM
  • i understand this is IIS error but both application and IIS are brand new install on this box. What i need to tweek on new IIS to get Zentity working.

Also one question regarding zentity does it provide flexible repository? can i change schema or add more type to it without much coding etc needed?

Thanks,

Sajjad

Friday, August 26, 2011 4:01 PM
  • Hi,

Thanks for your post.

First, please check all the requisites are installed for IIS, as recommended in installation guide. If all the IIS components are installed  you do not need to follow the below steps. So, uninstall and reinstall all the components for the IIS. But if the problem persists you can follow the below suggestions (Second onwards).
    Second, Using Visual studio Command Prompt( in Admin mode) run the command
    aspnet_regiis –i.

Third, in the ApplicationHost.config file modify the section modules to look like the below one. You can find the file at %windir%\system32\inetsrv\config\schema\IIS_Schema.xml.

<section name="modules" allowDefinition="MachineToApplication" overrideModeDefault="Allow" />

NOTE: Overriding the ApplicationHost.Config manually is not advisable for new users.

Please let me know if this helps you on getting rid of this issue. I will say on the repository later.

-Regards

Monday, August 29, 2011 2:04 PM