crm 4.0 - Relationship data in mapping RRS feed

• Question

• Hi All,

I am using Dynamics CRM 4.0. As per architecture, when you create quote from opportunity, all products available at opportunity level gets copied at Quote level. So same way, how to achieve this with new entity same as product?

For example, i have new entity called "NewOne". I have created 1:N relationship from opportunity to NewOne and also from Quote to NewOne. So this "NewOne" entity will be displayed under navigation section of opportunity and quote. Now when user create any quote from opportunity, at that time, i want to copy all records under "NewOne" entity for opportunity should also get copied under quote.

For single field, we can use Mapping under relationship, but i don't know how to do this?

Thanks,

Ravi Mori

Thursday, April 18, 2013 9:39 AM

Answers

• You need to create a Plugin or a Custom Workflow Activity to duplicate the related records.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

• Marked as answer by Ravi MRC Friday, May 3, 2013 5:15 AM
    Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

You need to write plugin or a custom workflow for the same.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Vijay Mulay

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:22 AM

All replies

• You need to create a Plugin or a Custom Workflow Activity to duplicate the related records.

My blog: www.crmanswers.net

Thursday, April 18, 2013 10:20 AM
  • Hi,

You need to write plugin or a custom workflow for the same.

If you find this post helpful then please "Vote as Helpful" and "Mark As Answer". Thanks and Regards, Yogesh Vijay Mulay

Friday, April 19, 2013 4:22 AM