Windows live one care "tuneup" RRS feed

• Question

• Can anyone tell me why OneCare tuneup will not continue with the tuneup when it gets to the defragment part of the process, it just stays at this point and does not move any further, the only thing I can do is cancel the tuneup.

Arthur Stroud

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 8:41 AM

Answers

• usually about 30minutes but today I waited much longer and the live one care did evenually finish, I cannot say how long it was because I was doing other things at the time, so in future I will just let it run.

Thanks for your help but know where to come if I have other problems.

Regards

Arthut Stroud

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:33 PM
  • You're welcome and I'm glad that it finished. I haven't watched a Tune-up from start to finish in quite some time, but all parts usually took about 1-1/2 to 2 hours for me on a laptop with a 160 gig drive the last few times I paid attention.

-steve

Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:44 AM

All replies

• How long are you waiting before canceling? Can you run a Defrag normally from the Windows Start Menu?

-steve

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 1:14 PM
  • usually about 30minutes but today I waited much longer and the live one care did evenually finish, I cannot say how long it was because I was doing other things at the time, so in future I will just let it run.

Thanks for your help but know where to come if I have other problems.

Regards

Arthut Stroud

Wednesday, March 26, 2008 2:33 PM
  • You're welcome and I'm glad that it finished. I haven't watched a Tune-up from start to finish in quite some time, but all parts usually took about 1-1/2 to 2 hours for me on a laptop with a 160 gig drive the last few times I paid attention.

-steve

Thursday, March 27, 2008 12:44 AM
  • at least you dont get a blue screen of death every time

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:50 AM
  • Have tried un-installing and re-installing, this is what I did also I did a defrag manuelly and all works now.

Tuesday, June 24, 2008 8:17 AM
  •  ratanito wrote:
    at least you dont get a blue screen of death every time

If you are unable to run Tune-up without a crash, what point in Tune-up is the failure happening? Is it the same each time? What is the error presented in the Blue Screen stop error?

You may want to contact support.

How to reach support (FAQ) - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2421771&SiteID=2

-steve
    Tuesday, June 24, 2008 3:13 PM