very slow access to shared folders RRS feed

• Question

• Access to whs shared folders from windows 7 is very, I would say, extremeley slow.
    This didn't happen with vista.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 5:03 PM

All replies

• Access to whs shared folders from windows 7 is very, I would say, extremeley slow.
    This didn't happen with vista.
    Any help would greatly be appreciated.
    Try starting with your NIC driver/data cabling/etc.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 8:30 PM
  • nOTHING HAS CHANGED AS FAR AS HARDWARE IS CONCERNED.
    i UPDATED MY NIC DRIVER.
    The same pc is running 2 different hard drives, one with vista and the other one with win 7.
    When I boot from the one with vista on, the access to whs shared folders is what used to be, normal.
    On the other hand when I boot from the one with win 7, access is rather slow.
    Any suggestions?
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 9:37 PM
  • nOTHING HAS CHANGED AS FAR AS HARDWARE IS CONCERNED.
    i UPDATED MY NIC DRIVER.
    The same pc is running 2 different hard drives, one with vista and the other one with win 7.
    When I boot from the one with vista on, the access to whs shared folders is what used to be, normal.
    On the other hand when I boot from the one with win 7, access is rather slow.
    Any suggestions?

In that case, it's either A) the hard drive with 7 installed, B) the drivers used to access said hard drive, or C) the NIC driver (since everything else is the same).  You could start by running chkdsk /r on your 7 hard drive.

Also, is one OS 32-bit and the other OS 64-bit?  If so, perhaps you have the wrong drivers.
    Sunday, November 8, 2009 11:44 PM