Live One Care/Morro/Renewal RRS feed

• Question

•  

I am due soon to renew my Live One Care and I find that Microsoft is going to cease supporting it.  Rather they are offering a similiar program called Morro available for free download in June of 2009.  Well if I choose to renew I will have to pay 49.95 for 6 months rather than the year. . .or do not renew and take my chances for 6 months.  It sure seems there is something wrong with that picture.  Now a third option has surfaced.  There are two other anti-virus/firewall programs out there that would cost me less that the renewal and they will cover up to 3 computers and are reputable.  I am considering this option.  Any suggestions about the renewal  I do not know about?
    Thursday, December 11, 2008 8:23 PM

Answers

All replies

• Hello Snolock, One Care will remain available for purchase or renewal through June 30,2009 and will continue to be fully updated and supported for a year after that. As of now, Morro is planned to be released in the second half of 2009 but planned release dates are not always reliable. This post may provide more details which will help - http://forums.microsoft.com/WindowsOneCare/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=4143627&SiteID=2

Friday, December 12, 2008 12:58 AM
  • Thank you, I guess I will let it go ahead and renew.  I like it and am comfortable knowing it is working in the background.

Laura
    Sunday, December 14, 2008 8:29 PM